A key component in any kind of renewable energy system that stores electricity is the Deep Cycle battery.
The whole renewable energy system relies heavily on this component and hence, is very critical in nature.
This battery bank provides a constant source of power, even during periods when the photovoltaic system does not produce power or when the grid is down.
Deep cycle batteries have thicker lead plates and produce current for longer periods of time. The thicker battery plates used here resist corrosion even in extended charge and discharge cycles. A Deep cycle battery –Solar, is one that provides storage energy for renewable energy systems such as wind-powered, solar powered etc. A solar deep cycle battery can survive repeated discharges that can be prolonged and repeated.
One has to look into some specific requirements while buying a deep cycle battery. Some of these requirements are highlighted below.
Take a look at the best three deep cycle batteries and a review about their features:What is the System Storage Requirement?
The system storage requirement varies generally with the application and also the area of residence.
What should be the capacity?
Generally, the total capacity of the deep cycle batteries should be such that it can cover twice the longest outage that can be anticipated.
Deep cycle batteries that last a lifetime are generally expensive. But these last quite long. Some batteries even have a lifetime usage of 5 to 8 years.
Size and weight of the battery
An ideal battery should be easy to move. Any battery that is cheap and best, but is very heavy to move is not good. Always get bigger batteries ifhigher capacity is what one is looking for.
Types of batteries
These are always cheaper and are available in different types and sizes. They are good for most of the applications. When there is adequate ventilation for the batteries these become the first choice. Tipping, spillage, and breakage will not be an issue. Maintenance is pretty much hassle-free.
Sealed AGM batteries are usually expensive, with a similar or longer lifetime cycle when compared to the flooded batteries. They become the best choice when the areas have poor or no ventilation and maintenance is an issue.
Apart from the above-mentioned requirements, a few questions need answers. These answers act as a guide while choosing the type and kind of deep cycle battery that is required.
What is your main purpose or use of the battery?
Which type of deep cycle battery will you be using?
Will you be using it for domestic purpose or for use in boats?
A deep cycle RV battery is generally used for providing power to boat equipment. It is a hybrid type and the lifetime is much shorter. A deep cycle battery solar is generally used for domestic purposes and can deal with many recharging cycles.
Here is a small description of the three best deep cycle batteries and their features.
Vmaxtanks Vmaxslr125 AGM Deep Cycle Battery
- 12 Volt 125Ah Group 31 AGM Deep Cycle Heavy Duty Battery
- Military grade custom made plates
- Float service life span of 8 to 10 years
- Designed for 99% recombination capabilities; no dangerous fumes or gases.
- Bargainshore offers FREE Signature Confirmation on most bulky orders in excess of $150.00. You can waive the Signature Confirmation by sending us a message with your request when placing your order. Orders of 5 or more batteries shipped on a pallet must be signed for when delivered. A contact number is required to schedule pallet delivery. Battery Cables MADE IN USA: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NLJBT65?ref=myi_title_dp
The Vmaxtanks brand of Deep cycle batteries is known for the high-quality AGM batteries that they manufacture. Some of the salient features are:
- It has about 8-10 years of long shelf life.
- Has a great spill proof design. No more worries about leaks.
- It holds charging for a longer time.
- It is complete with military grade custom made plates and heavy duty tin alloy grids, that increase its performance and durability.
- This battery is ideal for use with solar panels and solar energy.
- It requires less maintenance.
- It is a reliable battery even though it is expensive.
- This battery saves time and energy costs in the long run.
- Technical specifications: Volts: 12 Volt, Amperage: 125 AH, Size: 12.9″x 6.8″ x 8.7″
ML35-12 – 12V 35AH U1 Deep Cycle AGM Solar Battery – Mighty Max Battery
The Mighty Max deep cycle batteries have the AGM technology that makes these batteries outstanding. These batteries are spill proof.
Any leakage of acid inside the unit is absorbed by the mat. The Mighty Max ML35-12 – 12V 35AH U1 Deep Cycle AGM Solar Battery comes with a heavy-duty, calcium-alloy grid. This gives exceptional performance and service. In both types of applications i.e. float and cyclic applications.
Some of the salient features are:
- These batteries can be used in many applications. Some of them are Engine Starters, Consumer Electronics, Electric Vehicles, Golf Carts, Lawn and Garden Tools, Medical Mobility, Motorcycles, Power sports and Hunting.
- It is a very reliable source of power.
- This deep cycle battery has some great resistance features. This unit can resist unexpected changes in temperature of the environment, shocks, and vibration. It has the capability to adjust to any appliances whether floating or cycling.
- This battery uses valve regulated AGM technology. And hence can be used in enclosed and indoor environments without leaks or any maintenance.
- Technical specifications: Volts: 12 Volt, Amperage: 35 AH, Size: 7.68” x 5.16” x 7.13”
ExpertPower EXP12180 12 Volt 18 Ah Rechargeable Battery with Nuts and Bolts
The ExpertPower deep cycle batteries are sealed lead acid batteries. They are made with the best quality materials. These batteries are very user-friendly and come with a rugged construction, which makes them quite durable. Installation is very easy.
Some salient features are:
- They are the most efficient batteries.
- These are typically used for lighting equipment, UPS, Home alarm systems, Emergency systems, Electric scooters, Wheelchairs, Medical devices etc.
- They can be emptied completely and recharged many times.
- These batteries last for a long time, which is abig cost saving factor.
- Technical specifications: Volts: 12 Volt, Amperage: 18 AH, Size: 7.1” x 3 “x 6.6”
Which one to choose?
When considering a deep cycle battery, always recognize what your needs are.
Larger batteries are required to handle large equipment, whereas smaller ones are required for smaller devices. Essentially, the batteries with higher amperage last longer. The higher the amperage hours, the longer a deep cycle battery lasts.
- 1 Types of batteries
- 2 Vmaxtanks Vmaxslr125 AGM Deep Cycle Battery
- 3 ML35-12 – 12V 35AH U1 Deep Cycle AGM Solar Battery – Mighty Max Battery
- 4 ExpertPower EXP12180 12 Volt 18 Ah Rechargeable Battery with Nuts and Bolts