Going solar is the way forward and if you have decided to make the switch, then give yourself a pat on your back.
Solar energy is one of the best forms of renewable energy that can be used for both home and off-grid purposes.
Using renewable sources is the way to keep yourself prepared for the future and with many ready-made options available in the market today, a home solar power system can easily be set up in no time.
Solar panels not only provide clean energy, but they also give you peace of mind with their quiet operation, unlike noisy generators. Many first time users who are apprehensive about solar power system cost realize that the initial setup cost can be easily recovered over time.
You will be happy to see a considerable reduction in your utility bill every month. In this guide, we give you a list of the best solar panels for home use which are also budget-friendly.
Best 5 products Solar Panels and Kits
Solar panels and solar kits can be quite an expensive investment and so finding a quality brand that will give your years of trouble-free service is important. Factors such as solar rating, durability, cost and installation have to be considered as they need to last many years. They should also be efficient enough and be able to produce power even under overcast weather conditions.
The market is flooded with many solar options for your home and can leave a beginner solar energy enthusiast feeling confused. We have handpicked five of the best solar panels for your home to help you make the right decision and let you enjoy the benefits of solar-derived power.
ECO-WORTHY 400 Watts Polycrystalline Solar Panel Kit Off Grid
- Ideal daily output: 2KWh (depending on the availability of sunlight).
- Basic components for off-grid solar panel system, caravan, RV, boat, Green house solar panel system.
- Easy installation with pre-drilled hole. Each solar panel comes with 90cm 12awg cable with MC4 Male/Female quick connectors.
- Waterproof IP-65 Rated Junction Box: Advanced water and dust proof level (complete protection against environmental particles and low pressure water jets).
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame for extended outdoor use, allowing the panels to last for decades as well as withstand high winds (2400Pa) and snow loads (5400Pa), Lightweight anodized aluminum frame and reinforced Safety and anti-Reflection coated glass 3.2mm thick (tempered + patterned).
The Eco-Worthy solar panel kit is your answer if you want to have an off-grid back-up for your home. This home solar system kit comes ready with everything you need for installation so that you can have it up and running in no time. What’s more, it can also be used to power off-grid cabin houses, caravans, RVs, boars or even your green houses.
- Easy to install as it comes with connectors, solar panels, an LCD charge controller, a solar cable adapter and bracket mounts.
- Maximum daily output of 2KWh
- 20 A PWM LCD charge controller and solar cable adapter
- Z bracket mounts to go with pre-drilled panels
- Water-proof, dust-proof and can withstand low pressure jets
- Light-weight and corrosion-resistant aluminum frame for long-lasting performance.
- Tempered glass on panels for high efficiency and safety
- 5 year warranty against manufacturing defect
WindyNation Complete 400 Watt Solar Panel Kit
- Complete kit includes: (4pcs) 100 Watt Polycrystalline Solar Panel, 30-amp P30L Solar Charge Controller (w/ LCD Display and user adjustable settings), 40 feet of UL Listed 12 AWG Solar Cable, all necessary MC4 Connectors, all necessary solar mounting hardware + 1500 Watt (3000 Watt surge) VertaMax DC to AC Power Inverter, 2 pcs of 2 AWG Battery Cables for connecting the inverter to a 12V battery
- Solar charging will provide on average 1600 Watt Hours (Wh) or 135 Amp hours of charge per day (depends on sunlight availability)
- Designed for RVs, cabins, homes, boats, back-up and remote power use
- Bundle and save! Purchase all the components together and save time and money!
- Perfect kit for a off-grid 12 volt battery system. 1500 Watt VertaMax Inverter provides plenty of AC power to run your household appliances!
Get clean energy for your home with the Windy Nation solar panel kit that comes complete with a 1500 Watt power inverter and a 12 V battery. Now you’ll have the perfect power back-up solution for your home or you can even use it to power your RV, cabins or boats.
- Four 100 W polycrystalline solar panels
- 1500 Watt VertaMax power inverter converts DC to AC
- 12 Volt battery to store the power generated
- 30-amp P30L LCD Solar Charge Controller, Solar cable and connectors
- Maximum daily output of 135 Amp hours to run your appliances
- Value for money as you get the complete kit for $800
WindyNation 100 Watt 100W Solar Panel
- 100 Watt solar panel provides up to 100 watts of clean, free, renewable power
- Designed for RVs, cabins, homes, boats, back-up power and remote power use
- Perfect for 12 volt battery charging (see pictures in photo gallery for solar panel technical information and dimensions)
- 100W solar panel can provide 300-600 Watt Hours of power per day (depends on sunlight availability)
- Grade A solar cells; Heavy duty anodized aluminum frame, 5 year warranty on parts and labor, 25 year power warranty.
If you are looking for a ready to use solar panel for your home, the Windy Nation 100 Watt solar panel is a great option. It can be used as a starter panel to simply reduce your utility bill and is also powerful enough to be used in cabins and campervans.
- Easy to install and use in RVs, Cabins, boats and other off-grid applications
- Daily output range of 300 to 600 Watt hours
- Works efficiently even in overcast weather
- Designed to be compatible with a 12 volt battery but can also be connected serially to be used with higher voltage batteries
- Solar panel frames are made of heavy duty anodized aluminum to last many years
- Backed by a 5 year warranty on parts and labor and a 25 year power warranty
- Read the full review HERE
Renogy 400 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Starter Kit
- With the Renogy Wanderer 30A PWM Charge Controller, you can expand your system up to a maximum of 400W
- Ideal output: 2000Wh per day; can fully charge a 200Ah battery from 50% in 3 hours (depending on the availability of sunlight)
- The charge controller has been upgraded to Renogy' s new 30A PWM Negative-Ground Charge Controller - the Renogy Wanderer
- Negative grounding controller with battery reversed, overloading, short-circuit and over charging /discharging protection ensures the broader off grid applications and safety. Especially can be used on a vehicle which has battery negative on the chassis
- The kit now includes an 8ft 10AWG Tray Cable to connect your charge controller and battery.
A solar starter kit such as the Renogy 400 Watt kit is the best way to get into using solar energy as an alternate power source for your home or other off-grid power requirements such as cabins, RVs and trailers.
- Four 100-Watt monocrystalline solar panels
- A Renogy Wanderer charge controller and connectors
- The kit comes with a tray cable for the controller and battery
- Maximum daily output of 2000 Wh
- Sturdy panels withstand heavy wind and snow
- Brilliant panel design to produce electricity even under low light conditions
Renogy 200 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Bundle Kit
- Two Renogy 100-watt Mono-crystalline Solar panels can be connected in parallel by a pair of branch connectors. Short-Circuit Current (Isc): 5.92A
- The Charge controller has been upgraded to Renogy' S New 30A PWM negative ground charge controller -- the Renogy wanderer.
- The system can be extended up to 400-watt in parallel connection. 4-Stage Battery charging process for a rapid, efficient, and safe battery charging
- Negative Grounding controller ensures the broader off grid applications and safety, especially to be used on a vehicle which has battery negative on the chassis.
- 25-year transferable power output on panels and 1-year on rest of the kit components. Optimum Operating Voltage (Vmp): 17. 7V
The Renogy 200 Watts solar bundle kit is not only a perfect solution to reduce your utility bills at home, but is also a great kit for campers as it has been designed for use in RVs. You also get to save your money when you buy a bundle kit as buying individual solar panels can be expensive.
- Two 100 Watt monocrystalline solar panels
- Panels are designed to charge a 12 Volt battery
- Renogy Wanderer charge controller is negative grounded to be battery compatible in vehicles such as RVs
- Panels can be doubled and connected parallel to increase power to a maximum of 400 Watts
- Works well even under low light conditions
- Panels have a 25 year transferable power output warranty
- 1 year warranty on materials
- Read the full review HERE
No matter which of these solar panels you decide to buy and install in your home, you can be assured that your utility bill will see a considerable reduction in charges and you will recover the initial cost in a few years time and enjoy free power afterwards.
We have given you some of the best options with unbelievable price tags that they give do it yourself solar panel kits, a run for their money. You can also be happy that you are doing your bit to keep the environment pollution free and noise-free with a reduced carbon footprint.
- 1 Best 5 products Solar Panels and Kits
- 2 ECO-WORTHY 400 Watts Polycrystalline Solar Panel Kit Off Grid
- 3 WindyNation Complete 400 Watt Solar Panel Kit
- 4 WindyNation 100 Watt 100W Solar Panel
- 5 Renogy 400 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Starter Kit
- 6 Renogy 200 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Bundle Kit